Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My favorite comics and albums of 2013.

Because I can't help but to make unnecessary lists all the time, here are my favorite albums and comics of 2013. There are plenty of comics and music I haven't gotten the chance to experience, so this list is shaped and impaired by not having much spare time.

ALBUMS:


1. HAIM-- Days Are Gone (Columbia/Polydor)



2. LORD DOG BIRD-- The Trinity Knot (Moon Glyph)


3. DAFT PUNK-- Random Access Memories (Columbia/Daft Life)





6. LORDE-- Pure Heroine (Universal)



7. CHVRCHES-- The Bones Of What You Believe (Virgin/ Goodbye)






COMICS:

 
1. Demeter by Becky Cloonan (self-published)


2. Hawkeye: Little Hits by Matt Fraction and David Aja (Marvel)


3. New School by Dash Shaw (Fantagraphics)


4. Operation Margarine by Katie Skelly (self-published/Adhouse in 2014)


5. Prophet: Brothers by Brandon Graham, Simon Roy, Giannis Milonogiannis,
and Farel Dalrymple  (Image)


6. Susceptible by Genevieve Castree (Drawn and Quarterly)


7. My Dirty Dumb Eyes by Lisa Hanawalt (Drawn and Quarterly)


8. A Matter Of Life by Jeffrey Brown (Top Shelf)


9. Hip Hop Family Tree by Ed Piskor (Fantagraphics)


10. Delusional by Farel Dalrymple (Adhouse)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I make comics-- Save It For Later, Two Dead, March, Run, Come Again, Any Empire, Swallow Me Whole. Arkansan in Indiana, dad, aging punk.