Sunday, October 25, 2009

Italy bound!

* I'll be in Lucca, Italy for the Lucca Comics and Games Festival next weekend (October 29-November 1st), signing copies of Portami Via (the Italian translation of Swallow Me Whole, published by Lizard)! I believe I also have some kinda interview/discussion and some live drawing on the 1st at 1:00 pm, if you're around. And in Italy. See you there?

* The Your Heart Breaks/ Triumph of Lethargy Skinned Alive To Death 7" is available now, from Don't Stop Believin' Records, or $5 ppd. to me-- paypal orders to It should be added to the store section of this site pretty soon too.

* I just finished a two-color cover for Cometbus #53, which will be out in about three weeks!

* I'll also be doing some illustrations for Fluke #8, featuring an interview/feature on Dogtown stalwart Alan Short. Alan was an early and powerful creative force behind the comics Mike Lierly, Nathan Wilson, and I did in the late '80's and early '90's, and has been a member of the Arkansas bands Seahag, Deadbird, Zucura, Soophie Nun Squad, Them of Delphi, Ridin' Dudes, and Entrance (among many others). It'll be available by the end of the year.

* I'll be doing the cover of We Will Bury You #2 by Zane and Brea Grant, published by IDW.

* If you live on the west coast, I'll be a guest at a con in Sacramento CA on January 9-10. More info soon! See you there!

* My band Universe is working our way through writing an LP to be recorded in the winter-- no other info yet on this puppy.

*Still workin' away at two new graphic novels-- I'm about 35 pages done with the 200-page book The Silence Of Our Friends (to be released February 2012 on First Second), and am feverishly editing, revising, and tweaking the finished pencils of my 250-page graphic novel Any Empire (to be released in 2011 on Top Shelf).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Eisner Award winning, NYT Best-Selling graphic novelist behind March, Any Empire, Swallow Me Whole, The Lost Hero, The Silence Of Our Friends, The Year Of the Beasts, and Sounds Of Your Name. Native of North Little Rock AR; resident of Bloomington IN.