Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pilgrimage to Alabama's civil rights landmarks with John Lewis.

Photo by Sandi Villarreal.
In early March, I had the honor of participating in a pilgrimage to historic civil rights landmarks throughout Alabama, hosted by John Lewis and organized by the Faith & Politics Institute. It was a very powerful and at times revelatory experience (and it was really nice to see prominent lawmakers put their bullshit aside), and here's my collection of photos from that journey.

John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and I are collaborators on Lewis' graphic novel memoir trilogy, March-- the first book will be released at San Diego Comic Con this July, and will be available everywhere on August 13th.  

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I make comics-- Save It For Later, Two Dead, March, Run, Come Again, Any Empire, Swallow Me Whole. Arkansan in Indiana, dad, aging punk.