Thursday, August 29, 2013

Decatur Book Festival schedule + tons of new press for MARCH

If you're in the Atlanta area, come see John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and I at the Decatur Book Festival this weekend (August 30th- September 1st)! We'll be at the Top Shelf booth (#518), and here's our schedule of events:

FRI 8/30

* Keynote presentation at the Emory University Emerson Concert Hall, 8:00 pm (sorry, this event is totally sold out!). Signing immediately afterwards.

SAT 8/31

* MARCH signing w/ John Lewis & Andrew Aydin at Booth #518. 11:00 am - 12:00 pm.
* MARCH signing w/ John Lewis & Andrew Aydin at Atlanta Journal Constitution pavillion (corner of E. Ponce De Leon & Claremont). 1:00 - 2:00 pm.
* Discussion/ Q & A with Nate Powell-- City Hall Stage (Trinity Pl. & McDonough St.). 4:15 - 5:00 pm.

SUN 9/1

* MARCH signing w/ John Lewis & Andrew Aydin at Booth #518. 3:00 - 5:00 pm.

See you there!

I'm blown away at the positive response and buzz March has received so far-- here are some new features in case you missed them:

* CNN's "The Lead With Jake Tapper": John Lewis reads a passage from March over animated panels of my artwork!

* An interview with all three of us at Wired!

* A review/ feature at School Library Journal!

* An audio interview/feature with us on NPR!


2 comments:

KLP said...

I really enjoyed your presentation at the Schwartz Center (DBF- 8/30). It IS very hard to share a stage with John Lewis, but hearing/seeing how a graphic novel comes together (story + comics) was fascinating. Thanks for making the trip back to the South.

-Kate Prevost

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by Decatur Book Festival. March was a good way to pull Top Shelf into coming back.

Also, when I did my usual awkward conversation with you on Saturday I forgot to thank you again for giving me feedback on my first mini at the '07 SPX. That isn't something everyone would take time to do and I really appreciated it.

About Me

My photo
I make comics-- Save It For Later, Two Dead, March, Run, Come Again, Any Empire, Swallow Me Whole. Arkansan in Indiana, dad, aging punk.