Thursday, May 22, 2014

MARCH: BOOK ONE receives a Robert F. Kennedy Book Award!



I'm deeply honored that tonight March: Book One will be receiving a Robert F. Kennedy Special Recognition Book Award-- a few days ago Ethel Kennedy herself cold-called me to deliver the good news, and then we discussed John Lewis' dancing skills for many minutes. A delightful woman, and an extreme honor!

Here's Top Shelf's official press release about the great news.

Here's today's Washington Post piece on our recognition.

My collaborators Congressman Lewis and Andrew Aydin will be at the ceremony to receive the award-- alas, the only reason I can't be there is because SOMEbody's gotta draw Book Two, out in January!

Back to the drawing table, TCB'in.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I make comics-- Save It For Later, Two Dead, March, Run, Come Again, Any Empire, Swallow Me Whole. Arkansan in Indiana, dad, aging punk.