Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Bloomington IN-- events for MARCH coming up!

I'm proud and excited to bring my collaborators to my town for a series of events in the coming weeks-- here's a rundown of what's going on:

"THE POWER OF WORDS" presents MARCH:

Thurs Sept. 10th-- I'll be doing a presentation/discussion of my work, process, and lifelong journey through comics, with a focus on my collaboration on the March saga, at the Monroe County Public Library (Room 1B) from 7-8:30 pm. Enrollment is $65, BUT includes this presentation and its follow-up event on the 17th AND both the IU Auditorium event on the 21st and the private reception beforehand. Sign up ASAP if you wanna go!

Sun Sept. 13th-- book discussion of March. 2:00 pm, Monroe County Public Library, Room 2B.

Tues Sept. 15th-- I'll be on WFHB's "Interchange" from 6-7 pm, discussing March.

Wed Sept. 16th-- Teen program/discussion of March-- FREE copies of March: Book One for all attendees! 3:30-5:00 pm, Monroe County Public Library.

Thurs Sept. 17th-- I'll be doing a teen presentation/discussion of my work on March from 6-7 pm at the Monroe County Public Library.

Thurs Sept. 17th-- Part Two of the ticketed discussion of March. 7:00- 8:30 pm at Monroe County Public Library.

Mon Sept. 21st-- private reception/ meet-and-greet with Congressman John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and me. 5:30-7:00 pm, Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center (275 N. Jordan Ave.). Tickets include premium reserved seating at the IU Auditorium presentation.

Mon Sept. 21st-- John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and I all discuss our work on March, as well as Congressman Lewis' incredible life path. FREE event-- you just gotta get the tickets! 7:30-9:00 pm, IU Auditorium.

See you there! Please check out the MCPL's Power Of Words site for thorough information on any and all of these events. Thanks!





No comments:

About Me

My photo
Eisner Award winning, NYT Best-Selling graphic novelist behind March, Any Empire, Swallow Me Whole, The Lost Hero, The Silence Of Our Friends, The Year Of the Beasts, and Sounds Of Your Name. Native of North Little Rock AR; resident of Bloomington IN.